Abstract submission are now welcome for consideration for EPDIC16 which will be held in Edinburgh from the 1st - 4th July 2018.
Call for Abstracts Opens: 2nd February 2018
Abstract Submission Deadline: 30th March 2018
Notification of Review Outcome: Late April 2018
Deadline for accepted authors to confirm attendance: 30 April 2018
Abstracts from award winners, invited plenary and keynote speakers, and any submitters wishing to make a contributed oral or poster presentation must be uploaded via the following online portal
Presenting Authors are requested to create an account and submit an abstract for review according to the guidelines set out below. Should you require any assistance or have a query about online submission please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon successful submission of the abstract a confirmation email will be sent to the Presenting Author.
You do not need to register for the Conference prior to submitting an abstract however following acceptance into the programme you must register by the 30th April 2018
- It is ESSENTIAL that you read the instructions below before you submit.
- The Presenting Author must submit the abstract as a PDF and is required to be the corresponding author for that abstract
- Abstracts must be in English
- The PDF abstract including author names and affiliations will be published on the conference website and book of abstracts, please ensure that this will not raise any copyright issues.
- Please note that you can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission, but once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited after the close of submission deadline. If you require any assistance regarding the submission of your abstract, contact email@example.com
- Please provide keywords which are appropriate to your abstract.
An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the Conference as one of the following categories:
- Oral Presentation (including invited Plenary and Keynote presentations)
- Poster Presentation
At the review stage, the Programme Committee may change the presentation type submitted by the author to ensure the continuity of the conference programme i.e. oral presentation may be changed to poster presentation OR poster presentation to oral presentation. The presenting Author will be informed of any change to their submitted presentation type at the acceptance notification stage.
Contributed Oral presentations will be 20 minutes long.
Accepted posters will be asked to produce a poster for display at the conference. Presenters are asked to take note of the following guidelines when producing their poster:
- Maximum poster size is A0 (0.84 x 1.19 m) in portrait orientation
- Keep text to a minimum
- Ensure any text is in large font
- Use graphs, charts, and/or tables
- Ensure contents have a logical flow
- Use the Velcro provided to affix your poster to the display board
- Make it colourful
- Removal and collection of posters at the end of the display period remains the responsibility of the presenter. Posters not removed by the indicated take down time will be removed and disposed of.
MS01: Emerging functional materials
MS02: Energy Materials
MS03: Methods in structure solution and refinement
MS04: Structure solution and refinement of complex structures
MS05: 3D XRD imaging and combined methods
MS06: New developments in instrumentation for sample environments
MS07: Nanomaterials: Structural, Microstructural and Surface Aspects
MS08: Total scattering studies and disorder
MS09: Pharmaceutical and biological materials
MS10: New Sources and Instruments for Powder Diffraction
MS11: Materials under extreme conditions
MS12: Microstructure phemonena in thin films
Invited Plenary and Keynote speakers only should submit using the Plenary Session theme.
Abstracts must be formatted using the EPDIC16 Template. Abstracts must be submitted in English and only PDF files will be accepted for upload.